Sunday 7 July 2013

Doubles- Friendship

Hello Wallflowers,
There are usually three types of girls, the ones who have a close, best friend, the ones who have a number of fairly close friends and then the ones who are lucky enough to have both. I fall under the third category with different situations at home and at school. All of these girls have a hard job to maintain their friendships but I think the ones who have it the hardest are those who have one close best friend. They can never fall out because they don’t have another friend to fall back on. I was thinking, what makes a good friendship and I came up with a number of examples, the most important of which was trust. I know this sounds cheesy but it is.
I have a good example. Take Friday for instance, me and Tawney were in a rowing double, Tawney in the front (stroke) and me in the back (bow). Bow has the job to steer the boat. We went out and we started to row but something was wrong. The problem with the boat wasn't the fact that we weren't rowing properly or the boat was broken, the problem was that Tawney didn't trust me and to be perfectly honest, I didn't trust myself. We would always be cautious about how fast we were rowing so that if we went in the wrong direction we would have to time to fix it. Not going to lie, there were arguments in the boat but 9/10 everything went smoothly. The 1/10 was when I wasn't looking and we went crashing into the bank but it’s like that with anything. If you aren't being careful, your friendship will hit the bank and will be stuck there for a while. The good thing is that you can have another go like we did on Saturday and I’m pleased to say that it went well J.
I think this example can be applied to any relationship, whether it’s with a friend, a boyfriend or a family member. Your relationship may hit into the bank sometimes but all you have to do is wiggle around a bit and it will be out soon, if you don’t even try, you’ll just be stuck there, or worse, fall in.

Don’t know whether that helped anyone but I hope I was nice to read, was just some of my thoughts.
Love
     Isobel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment