Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Other Foundation Review


 Hello Wallflowers,
I have been so busy lately that I chose to do a quick foundation review to go with Tawney's. The foundation that I have is Revlon Nearly Naked in shade 130 Shell. This was my first proper foundation as I originally used BB creams all the time and I chose it because it had very light coverage. Girls are always going on about how heavy and cakey their foundation is so I didn't really want that so when this one came out and everyone was saying how light it was, I got it.
The foundation itself has light coverage but can be built up easily as long as you buff it in. It has a yellow undertone and has a sort of glowy finish. As I have oily skin, I was worried it would make my face look shiny but it really doesn't, adding a healthy glow which can be matted with powder. It lasts all day but you may need to powder once and does not look cakey at all.
There are many ways of how to put your foundation on, but personally I put it on first after my moisturizer which makes it easy to buff in. It creates a really nice base for concealer and leaves a very seamless finish. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush to put it on which is perfect and finds that this shade fits my skin nearly perfectly. The only down side of this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump meaning that I have to pour it onto the back of my hand.
Hope this helps in choosing a foundation, great for beginners or light coverage.
Love
   Isobel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment