Wednesday 19 June 2013

My foundation review

Hello Wallflowers,
For this blog I have decided to review my everyday drugstore foundation.

I bought this foundation a couple of months ago as I was previously using the Rimmel London BB cream but wanted to try something new. I did like the BB cream. However, personally I didn't feel like it was right for me. So I went for a change. I had looked at review for a couple of foundations before I went to buy as I have a break out prone complexion that can be quite oily sometimes. I obviously forgot to write down the names of the foundations I had been looking at so i picked this one up. It is the Rimmel London lasting finish 25 hour foundation.


When wearing this foundation even if my face feels a little bit oily it will still wont look shiny. I would say this foundation has medium to high coverage it depends on the amount you apply and the person wearing it. Personally I really like the coverage of this foundation as itlasts me the whole day. However, I do wear concealer and powder on top. This foundation is really easy to blend, I use the Real Techniques expert face brush, which I find amazing and a lot easier to get a even coverage with. I don't get lines on my face when using this foundation which is always a bonus.
I went for the lightest shade which is ivory 100, but I still feel like this foundation is slightly too orange under toned for me, so I blend it and use a powder which is a tiny bit lighter. I bought this foundation when it was on a two pounds off offer, as it is normally supposed to be £6.99, which I think is a reasonable price considering the amount you get, how long it lasts and the fact it is a drugstore foundation. 
I hope this review helps you when searching for the perfect foundation.

Love Tawney xxx

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I've never tried this one but I've heard a lot of nice things about this one. How is the coverage though? Does it cover blemishes?
    It's always a hassle for me to find a new foundation, especially since i hate hanging around the store for hours to find the right one. I usually use the foundation tool at http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation which always gives me accurate results and saves me the trouble of losing a whole day in the beauty department haha :).

    Xx Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy,
      I find this foundation has a medium to high coverage depending on the amount you out on. For me it does cover blemishes. However, you can sometime still see the outline of them and it may be a little red where it doesn't completely cover. I use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, which does help this but not as much as I would like it to. I have never seen that website before and I have just had a look and it seems really good. I hope this helps.
      Love Tawney xxx

      Delete