Thursday 13 June 2013

The Revlon Lip


Hello Wallflowers,
Today, I have 3 mini reviews on Revlon lip products. Lately, Revlon have been coming out with fantastic ideas for different forms of lipsticks and I have been loving the formulas.


Revlon Lip Butter: Juicy Papaya 027


The Lip Butters have been talked about so much so I'm sure everyone knows what they do but they basically are a more pigmented tinted lip balm which leaves your lips feeling really soft and moisturized. Juicy Papaya is a gorgeous peachy orange colour and is one of the new ones which came out this spring. This is one of the more pigmented lip butters but leaves a nice peachy glow on the lips. The product is £7.99 which I think is a bit too much for the amount of product you get but it's totally worth it. Another problem with it is that it 'smooshes' very easily and can melt in warmer weather so I wouldn't recommend having it in your handbag all day




This is my favorite lip product to wear at the moment as its subtle and just looks really nice. A beautiful shade that would suit all skin tones.


Revlon Lip Butter: Strawberry Shortcake 080

This next lip butter is a lovely light pink as you can tell from the name but it has a very subtle blue/purple undertone to it. It does exactly the same as Juicy Papaya, feel wise but makes your lips look very girly. The only problem I have found with this, is it can highlight some of the dry patches on your lips more.


I love this colour but not as much as the other one as sometimes I think it makes my lips look too pale. I wouldn't recommend this for cool toned skin as it could make you look quite tired and just generally make you looked washed out. For others though, its a lovely pop of colour and is a lot more pigmented than Juicy Papaya.


Revlon Lip Stain: Honey 001

This is a fantastic lip stain which stays on for agggeesss. I apply it in the morning and only have to top it up once a day when it is sometimes slightly patchy. Honey is a dark pink colour leaving your lips looking very natural with a slight sheen when you first apply it. Once the colour has settled you can eat and drink and it will not budge! You get a lot of product for the price (£7.99) and it obviously will last you long. The smell when you apply it is quite minty which is a plus and the twisty thing at the bottom makes it easier to apply. 


Ignore the dodgy pictures here but the product looks darker here then it does on the lips. I only wish Revlon would bring out more colours in the UK as they only have around 6. There is a gorgeous one which has been released in  America called 'Charmed'. I WANT IT SO BADLY! I use this product every day and I would recommended it to anyone, any skin tone.

Ok, that was it Wallflowers- don't judge me too badly as I need to get into the swing of this but enjoy and I hope this helps
Have fun 
Love Isobel xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love these lip butters! Add such a nice subtle pinch of colour to my lips! Must have them all!

    http://british-beauty-addict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just starting my collection now :) will check out your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete